Establishing a Scholarship
Rewarding a student for their academic achievement through the Foundation’s scholarship program is one way to invest in the continuing education of our future community leaders.
It’s easy to establish your own named charitable fund. Working with our staff and your professional advisor if you choose, you will take these simple steps:
- Determine the charitable purpose of the fund.
- We can assist you in determining which type of fund will help you reach your charitable giving goals.
- Complete a fund agreement – the governing document for the fund. You establish the criteria in which the scholarship will be awarded.
- Make an establishing gift ($25,000 minimum).
- Receive a tax deduction at the time the fund is established and each time qualifying contributions are made to the fund.
If your charitable giving includes education you may also want to consider what a $500 scholarship will do for one child and what a $500 grant would do for an entire classroom.